- Don't wait until after a disaster to check your insurance policy!
- Keep your household inventory up to date, and store it in a safe place away from your home.
- Purchase flood insurance, there is a 30 day waiting period for it to take effect.
- You cannot purchase a policy after a hurricane watch or warning has been issued.
- If you evacuate carry your agent's phone #, policy # and company's claims phone# with you.
- Secure all outdoor furniture to prevent it from blowing away.
- Install plywood at least ½" thick or build storm shutters to protect windows.
- Install braces to give additional support to garage doors.
- Heed flood warnings by leaving early & removing articles that may be damaged.