June 29th, 2006
1) The meeting was called to order by President, Norman McDonald at 7:04 with 7 Board members in attendance. Board members present: Norman, Joe, Aaronette, Jackie, Ted, Kristina, Tom and 3 others (list at end of report).
2) The minutes of the last meeting were read by Joe Wagner, approved by all in attendance.
3) Jackie O’Riley presented the Treasurers Report . It was accepted by all in attendance.
4) Guest Speaker: (7:17-8:10): Norman introduced the guest speaker, Mr. Emerson B. Read of the "www.NoHomeTax.org". Mr. Read spoke for about 50 minutes. He explained some of the many political plans & schemes that had been in the works over the last year or so leading up to the signing of the Property Tax changes by Governor Sanford in May. You can learn more about the Property Tax situation by referring to No Home Tax website.
5) Old Business (8:13)
6) Amendments to the By-Laws and Constitution (8:16): Norman distributed a copy of the current ACA Constitution & By-Laws for review and comments of proposed changes.
7) New Business (8:20):
8) Crime Watch (8:25) – Tom Herold is our new Archdale Crime Watch representative.
9) Ed Davis informed all that the Dorchester 2 School District allowed the some schools to be annexed into North Charleston. The schools are Windsor Hill ES, Fort Dorchester ES, and the 2 new schools on Apian Way. He also informed all that the County & Fire budgets had been passed.
The next General meeting be Thursday, September 14, 2006, 7pm at the ARFD meeting room and the next board meeting is scheduled for Thursday, September 7, 2006. Newsletter articles for the September Newsletter need to be submitted to Newsletter@myarchdale.com NLT September 1st.
Norman McDonald President
Joe Wagner Secretary
Jackie O’Riley Treasurer
Ted Hucks Board Member
Aaronette Stinson Board Member
Kristina Herold Board Member
Tom Herold Crime Watch Rep
The meeting was adjourned at 8:55
Submitted by Joe Wagner